Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The picks are in

T-Minus 18 hours and counting until the Big Dance ....

There may be a handful of late-Wednesday/early-Thursday adjustments to my NCAA Tourney picks, but I finally sat down and worked through the 64-team bracket today.

Here's my Final Four: UNC vs. Kansas; UCLA vs. Texas. UNC defeats Kansas, and Texas pulls a mild upset of UCLA - setting up a UNC and Roy Williams vs. Texas and Rick Barnes National Championship. I like the Tar Heels to defeat the Longhorns and cut down the nets in San Antonio for their fifth title (sixth if you count 1924).

I know, pretty "chalk" picks but I do have my fair share of upsets in the early rounds. Here's a few of them: No. 7 Butler over No. 2 Tennessee (Second round, East Region); No. 11 Baylor over No. 6 Purdue (First round, West Region); No. 12 Temple over No. 5 Michigan State (First round, South Region)
Mild upsets: No. 10 Davidson over No. 7 Gonzaga (First round, Midwest Region); No. 6 Marquette over No. 3 Stanford (Second round, South Region)

Picks I may regret not making: No. 10 Davidson over No. 2 Georgetown in the second round; No. 13 Winthrop over No. 4 Washington State in the first round; No. 11 St. Joseph's over No. 6 Oklahoma in the first round; No. 5 Clemson over No. 1 Kansas in the Sweet 16.

The first No. 1 seed I have going down is Memphis in the Sweet 16 to Big East champ and No. 4 Pittsburgh in the South Region. I've got a feeling the South is where you'll see the most surprises this year.

I've got No. 2 Duke in the Sweet 16, then falling to Drew Lavender and No. 3 Xavier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home